from Chapter One: Pain in the Neck

Here are the first 2 paragraphs of the book.
-----------------------------------
I opened my eyes and saw nothing. It was pitch black. I was in extreme pain and I had no idea where I was. My heart started racing as panic set in. “Breathe, just breathe, nice and slow, deep breaths,” I said to myself, metering out the words as I fought against the terror. OK, I had to start with the basics and work out a solution. “My name, what's my name?” I waited for an answer but none came. “What's my f#cking name!?” I screamed the words inside my skull and waited. A painfully long moment later the answer came: “Xavier! My name is Xavier.” Damn! I'd been through this before but it never took me this long to remember my name.
I was lying on my back in a narrow space about two feet wide. Using my hands, I could feel broken glass on the bare wood surface I was lying on. Every movement caused extreme hurt everywhere, but the worst pain was in my neck and I had great difficulty moving my head. I had no idea where I was but whenever this happened, I usually woke up in someone else's bed. Several times, I had even woken up in my own room and not recognized where I was. It was always scary but this was infinitely more terrifying. For all I knew, I might be at the bottom of a mine shaft… or worse. Wherever I was, this was very bad. The panic started again as I considered the possibility that I had been buried alive. “Easy now, slow down, deep breaths.” I had to remain calm. Half expecting to feel the inside of a casket lid I reached up into empty space. That simple movement hurt like hell, but I was relieved to find that I wasn’t in a coffin.

Copyright © 2007 Xavier Pierre Jr. All rights reserved.

5 comments:

    sounds like its going to be a very interesting and intruiging read.

    @Blu: So far all who have read it are intrigued at the very least. I'd like to think that my story is "shaken, not stirred." ;-)

    I agree, it does seem like it will be intriguing indeed.

    I'll be back to find out what's REALLY going on with X.

    This sound like a very interesting story. I can't wait to read more... especially coming from a brotha POV. Thus far I'm feeling it!

    Thank you all for the encouragement.