Snap Tag

I was tagged by Lyrically Yours. I must look at the snap and add to the poem. The text in Italics is mine. Actually the photo moved me quite a bit. I hope my friend finds the shelter and safety she so desperately needs. I would reach across the ocean to wrap her in my arms, but it is not to be. Perhaps some day, some day soon. Until then, be safe and know that your brother loves you.

The world waited outside for us
Waited
With moist grass beneath our feet
Cloaked with years of silent preparation
Silence procrastinates with the wind
The mystery of hope pours across the skin
Stretched tightly over our twisting limbs
Like the thatch that shelters us

I now tag Urban Butterfly.

Peace and Love,

Ali's Zay


Copyright © 2007 Xavier Pierre Jr. All rights reserved.

7 comments:

    niiice... I'd like to see the finished product once it's made all of it's rounds.

    "Like the thatch that covers us."
    Yes, yes, yes.

    It's coming along nicely. Thanks Cathy. Thanks Xavier.

    It shelters us. Better.

    :-]

    I see that this will HAVE to be PUBLISHED.

    Cooooool, you did great with the lines Xavier, pure genius :)

    @Blah: Me too!

    @Rethabile: This is amazing!.

    @Kai: XOXO

    @Dance : YES!

    @Cathy : Consider this, My verse is between yours an UB’s. How can I not excel with the line you fed me!? And UB carried it beautifully form there. This collaboration may end up being my favorite poem ever.